Our Junior Tennis programme runs in 10-12 week blocks during term time, and caters for players aged 11-17 years. Members or Non-Members can join in at any time. For complete beginners please send an email for further information.
Juniors aged between 14-17 who wish to do their DofE award are welcome to assist our head coach in the delivery of our Mini Tennis coaching program. This in turn could help young people get the first step on the career ladder and later become a Tennis Leader.
Road to Wimbledon challenge tournament for 14U players held at the club between April-June, More information here.
- Junior & Mini Tennis Club Finals day held at the end of September, is run for different age categories with trophy and medals.
- Winter Box League as a warm up event for the Team Tennis
- Junior Beginners session held Friday 17:30-18:15 (prior registration required)
- Junior Group sessions held Tuesday 17:45-18:45 & Saturday 9:30-10:30
- More sessions will be introduced if there is sufficiant interest
In order to take part in the Team Tennis, Road to Wimbledon or our Winter Box League events, parents need to obtain a British Tennis Member (BTM) number for their child here https://www.lta.org.uk/member/signup/?product=child
If purchasing a tennis racket for a Junior player, the best option is a full graphite junior tennis racket as opposed to aluminium or composite ones which are heavier and not so user friendly. These come in sizes of 25”-27” in half inch increases. They should not weigh more than 250 grams.
Full graphite junior rackets are available for lending.
For Junior enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing experience, level, and availability.